COO Proposal Eligibility Policy
The policies governing COO Proposal Eligibility for Caltech Palomar and Keck time are as follows:
- Revised: Applicants must be in residence at Caltech at the time proposals are
submitted and throughout the subsequent academic quarter (e.g. spring quarter
for spring-submitted observing proposals for the B semester).
- Caltech Faculty, Senior Research Associates, Senior Research Fellows,
Senior Research Staff (approved by COO Director), Post-Doctoral Scholars,
and Graduate Students may
apply for COO-administered observing time at Keck and Palomar.
- Caltech Faculty and Senior Research Associates (SRA) may submit no more
than four (4) Keck proposals in a single semester, with no more than
three (3) proposals submitted to the classical observing pool, and no more
than two proposals submitted to the ancillary (i.e. Keck Cadence, TOO,
and Twilight) observing pools. Faculty/SRAs may submit any number of
Palomar proposals in a single semester.
- Caltech Senior Research Fellows, Approved Research Staff,
& Post-Doctoral Scholars may
submit any number of Palomar proposals, but are
limited to one Keck proposal per semester.
- Caltech Graduate Students may apply for Palomar time only.
Please share your feedback on this page at the COO Feedback portal
COO Proposal Eligibility Page / v 1.3.2
Last updated: 2 June 2020 RJB/AFB/ACM